My colleague Anthony Diana publishes monthly tips for businesses seeking to navigate the shoals of modern document-preservation and e-discovery practice. Readers of the blog might be particular interested in the column on strategies for businesses that have been targeted by class actions.
Past tips that might be of particular interest to class-action defendants include:
- Reducing costs in reviewing, searching, and producing electronically stored information;
- Selecting and managing an e-discovery vendor;
- Best practices in document preservation, including with respect to cloud computing, smartphones, and e-mail archives;
- Minimizing risks and costs in conducting privilege reviews;
- Recovering e-discovery costs from plaintiffs;
- Managing e-discovery when there are related class actions and government investigations; and
- Litigating spoliation claims.